Before the Procedure
- Please notify us before the treatment if you think you could be pregnant.
- You will need to provide our doctor with your latest pap smear results.
- Consult your doctor before discontinuing blood thinners or aspirin.
- If you have the Herpes Simplex 2 virus we will need to call in a prescription.
- Discontinue vaginal products 3 days before your treatment.
- You cannot be on your menstrual cycle during the treatment.
- We prefer you to shave the labia or have laser hair removal treatments right up to your treatment.
- There is a slight chance of hyper-pigmentation or hypo-pigmentation on the labia from laser treatments. This could be permanent but typically is just temporary.
During the Procedure
- The laser treatments will have a slight tingling, but not painful.
- With laser there can be redness and swelling at the treatment site. This is normal and in most cases should disappear over the next 3 days.
- On occasion, pain and discomfort will occur with the laser procedure. The pain is usually tolerable and no anesthesia will be needed
- If pain is excessive during the procedure, inform the technician immediately so that settings can be adjusted.
After the Procedure
- Normal showering can be done immediately after treatment.
- Please do not take a bath for 3 days after treatment.
- It is normal to have a slight discharge for 3 days after the treatment.
- Do not use a tampon or have intercourse for 3 days after the treatment.
- You may not see improvement until the entire series of 3 treatments is performed.
- Appointments are scheduled 4 weeks apart to ensure optimal results.
- Do not expose the treated area to direct sunlight while healing…really.
Frequently Asked Questions – FemiLift
Does the procedure hurt?
The procedure can tingle slightly, somewhat like a pap smear.
What is the downtime?
You can return to normal activities immediately (except intercourse).
Can I shower or bathe after the treatment?
You can shower any time after your treatment, but please wait 3 days to submerse yourself in a bathtub.
I am having discharge after the treatment.
Clear discharge is normal. Call us if discharge is pink or bloody.
Why won’t a single treatment work?
The laser manufacturer trials, and our personal experiences, have indicated it take three treatments for full results.
Should I come in for more treatments after my original series?
Addition treatments are not necessary, but if you feel maintenance is necessary we can perform more procedures at an additional cost.
Will this cure my stress urinary incontinence?
While the procedure has benefits for incontinence, this is not specifically a treatment for incontinence and it will not cure it.