Importance of Sunscreen
We have a variety of laser treatments to help you rediscover your youthful skin texture and over-all appearance. We have found the most effective treatment…is a series of three treatments, three weeks apart.
First treatment is to go after color issues, we use the IPL to get out the reds and browns.
Second treatment is to treat those fine lines and crinkles; we use the Co2 for this.
Third treatment is overall skin tightening done by any of our radio frequency devices, we have three to choose from.
After a series of our laser skin rejuvenation treatments, there is one absolute must to help maintain your new look, WEAR SUNSCREEN. Even if it’s cloudy. Even if you won’t be outside for long. Even if you’ll be in the car.
Here are 5 reasons why wearing sunscreen is important:
1) It decreases your chances of developing skin cancer, especially melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer.
2) It keeps you looking young. By wearing sunscreen you are slowing down the development of wrinkles and leathery skin. Ultra-violet exposure is the number-one cause of premature aging.
3) Sunscreen keeps your skin tone even. It helps prevent brown spots as well as other skin discolorations.
4) The ozone is depleting. As the ozone layer depletes, your body needs added protection from harmful UV rays.
5) Sunscreen is important for all skin types. Even for people who don’t burn easily, wearing sunscreen is still important. Sunburn is an immediate reaction, but sun damage occurs over a lifetime. Although skin cancer is more prevalent in people with lighter skin, it does not discriminate and can still affect those with darker skin.
Jess Brune, our Clinical Director, suggests these three brands of sunscreens as her favorites:
2) Lira Clinical
Although we can help turn back the hands of time with our laser treatments, restoring a younger looking skin, we can’t stop the hands of time. You will significantly slow the appearance of age by diligently applying sunscreen.